Friday, June 5, 2015

Our Ancestors Didn't Travel Lightly

If you're planning a vacation this summer, consider how your ancestors packed for their trips. The advertisement below is for a "manufacturer and jobber of trunks, traveling bags." I would love to own one of these old trunks, but I definitely wouldn't want to travel with it!

Genealogy and Toledo Advertisement
R.L. Polk & Co.'s Toledo City Directory, 1889-90

I have relatives that moved from Pittsburgh to Toledo and were living there when this city directory would have been available to residents. It's surreal to think that they may have looked at the same publication that I'm viewing 125 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a genealogy problem or need guidance on where to search next? Send me a message if you'd like me to help!