Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Family and Thanksgiving Turkeys

This Thanksgiving, it seems appropriate to remember my maternal grandparents who owned a turkey farm located south of Pittsburgh. They sold the farm before I was born so I never saw it, but they supposedly delivered many hundreds of turkeys during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday seasons. All of their children were involved, including my mother who helped process the turkeys and make deliveries.

More than 50 years later, I now live less than 5 minutes from where that farm was located. I didn't grow up in the area but, after I got married, my husband and I decided to look at homes here because of lower property taxes and large lots. I wasn't doing genealogy research then or my family roots in the area might have been the reason we bought a home here.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy spending time with your family and friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a genealogy problem or need guidance on where to search next? Send me a message if you'd like me to help!