Sunday, December 7, 2014

Christmas Cookies and...Surnames?

I love food, so I definitely can't resist all of the Christmas cookies that are around this time of year. Is it possible that the names of cookies are also surnames? For Crestleaf's Surname Scavenger Hunt contest, I decided to find out:
Genealogy: Cookie Surnames
  1. Gingerbread - There are no Gingerbreads, but I found 331 Ginger surnames and 35 Bread.
  2. Snickerdoodles - There are 17 with the Snicker surname and zero with Doodle.
  3. Sugar Cookies - There are 452 Sugar surnames and 8 with Cookie.
  4. Russian Tea Cakes (my favorite!) - There are 143 with the surname of Russian.
  5. Chocolate Crinkles - There are 22 Chocolate surnames but zero with Crinkle.
  6. Peanut Butter Blossoms - There are 613 Blossom surnames.
  7. Buckeyes - There are 37 with the surname Buckeye.
  8. Nut Horns - There are lots of Nutt surnames and even more with Horn.
  9. Thumbprints - There are 24 Thumb surnames and 4 with Prints.
  10. I also found the names of Bake, Kitchen, and Oven.
I hope I didn't make you too hungry! What other Christmas cookies would you add?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a genealogy problem or need guidance on where to search next? Send me a message if you'd like me to help!