Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Family Birth: Alice Huber in 1905

Genealogy: Ancestor Birth
On December 16, 1905, in Reserve Township, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, my great-grandparents welcomed a baby girl into the world. Joseph & Alice Laubersheimer Huber named her Alice Marie, and I'm sure they were excited about their first daughter.

Unfortunately, little Alice wouldn't live to celebrate her third birthday and died of pneumonia and convulsions on November 2, 1908. She is buried in United Cemetery in Ross Township.

My grandmother would never meet this sister, since she was born in 1909 after Alice's death, but she would mention her from time to time. Luckily, her parents must have spoken about her so she wasn't forgotten.

Children who were born and died in between censuses may not be included in our family trees. While searching the PA death certificates on Ancestry.com, I have found several children in my family I didn't know about. While it's sad enough that they never grew to be adults, it's even sadder to think that subsequent generations may not be aware of them.

I'm glad my great-aunt Alice won't be forgotten.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a genealogy problem or need guidance on where to search next? Send me a message if you'd like me to help!